and this doesn't strike you as odd?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

pro-feminist post (basic)

To my thousands (ahem) of loyal readers I have to admit this blog is no longer my own. I have received a visit from an angry (not to mention toothy) dinosaur suggesting I get off the fence and post something pro-feminist. I hate those who cave to such pressure only slightly less than the thought of being ripped into tiny bits by pearly-white saurian gnashers, so here goes - I'm keeping it very simple here and going for a gentle lob to bury at the back of the court. Something, in short, that nobody with blood still reaching the brain can find at all contentious - I have no desire to be descended upon by scores of people telling me I just ain't feminist enough. Tho a bit of traffic would be nice - this isn't exactly the kind of blog where the constant tramping of cyberfeet would keep you awake all night. Anyway, I offer you two things without too much comment:

First is this refreshing news from the godly land of America.

A Sunday school teacher has been sacked after 11 years because she is a woman. Mary Lambert was told she could not continue teaching at the church because Eve "is the root of all evil." "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission, I do not permit a woman to teach a man" she was told in a letter from leaders at the church in Waterton, New York.

Now be honest - did you think this still happened even in Dubya's America?

Second a link to something less depressing - not the first person to link to this, but who cares?
http://angertoactivism.blogspot.com/2006/07/nothing-safe-to-sacrifice.html

It's almost as if some women do have things to teach the world!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger witchy-woo said…

    I have received a visit from an angry (not to mention toothy) dinosaur suggesting I get off the fence and post something pro-feminist.

    Us radfems like to nurture potential, you see?

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Phemisaurus Terribilis said…

    It took the church 11 years to figure out she was a woman?

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger simply wondered said…

    'Dear Miss Lambert

    The elders have recently become concerned about some bumps in your sweater...'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home